Summer Of Life
The summer waves of halcyon days come
Tumbling to the shore
Lapping in the gentlest cadence
Of memories young at war
If yesterday could stay forever
If time could wait a year
If we could still be there together
I’d live it all once more
Yet if I were given half the chance
To turn this winter’s tide
I would only change the ending story
And never say goodbye
Can you tell if I were somebody
Who liked to reminisce
About what seemed so ordinary
Life inside a dream
If somewhere in that summer of life,
I Just could have spoken true
Oh to have known just how much I loved you
What you’d come to mean
And if you had asked if I would hope
To have us stay this way?
Now I know the answer to the question:
I’d never say goodbye
And if this winter twilight
Drew on halcyon days
My only recollection
A still deep summer haze
The days we spent so idly
Watching clouds go by
Though now they ring a distant,
A fading lullaby
----------------------
sudd chanced upon it. the song mr khoo sang for us at the last day of band: handover.
i rmb at that point i was rather unfeeling and detached, rather, its now that i read the lyrics that i can slowly remember
the instances and people that have made my band life memorable even if at times it wasnt.
-------------------
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment